Monday 25 April 2011

Yahi waqt hai !

Yahi waqt hai karle poori arzoo one of the old Hindi melodies kept me company as I was driving back from work….made me think yes…the lyrics are so relevant even to this day  !
Aagey bhi jaane na tu …peeche bhi jaane na tu…job hi hai bas yahi ek pal hai!
What we have is just the present so why not live it fully eh ?

I remember this conversation with my MIL ….. I had got a call from Cochin about the death of one of her close friends and as I broke the news to her ….athai (as I call her ) looked at me and with sadness descending on her face ...said “yes she had been ailing for some time….paavam !”  ….she paused and suddenly asked me “did you see the knock Sachin played last night ?” !!!
Wow ! that was a Sixer !!! What an attitude ! At 80 + she had  taught me the true meaning of “live this moment”...what was gone was gone but one can remember the happy moments right ?

Never ever will I ridicule her watching innumerable serials , her tryst with the Tata sky remote … as she  makes the maximum of the present  juggling along with the  slokams / cricket / indulging in those countless books on fiction and occasional participation in family conversations J

Jeena shaayadh isi ko kehte hain !

No comments:

Post a Comment